The ASLRRA Marketing Awards Competition recognizes the Class II and III railroads that have designed and enacted the most innovative and successful marketing initiatives in the small railroad industry. Three awards are given at the Connections Convention each spring.
In particular, railroads that have developed any of the following should consider entering:
- A proven marketing program or concept.
- An innovative method for providing customer service that has resulted in an improved relationship with clientele.
- New concepts, methods, or models for understanding their market and/or customers.
- An Internet presence that promotes their operation.
- An inventive promotion of e-commerce.
Railroads may submit more than one entry. It is possible that, in an effort to best serve its customers and address their different needs, a railroad would have found it necessary to develop separate marketing programs. This competition aims to demonstrate the ability of short line and regional railroads to serve and expand their customer bases. To this end, each of a railroad’s initiatives is eligible for entry and will be judged separately.